Abbey National may of mis-sold you your packaged bank account if any of the below statement are relevant to you at the point of sale:
- Did Abbey National tell you that you would be more likely to be accepted for a loan or credit card if you had a packaged bank account with Abbey National?
- Abbey National should not have tried to entice you into having a packaged bank account with a potential acceptance of future credit.
- Did Abbey National explain all the additional products of the premium account either by an advisor or in writing?
- The packaged bank account and all the extra benefits should have been plainly explained to you by Abbey National at the point of sale.
- At the point of sale, did Abbey National enquire if you or any account holder had any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Abbey National should have asked if you had any pre-existing medical conditions and then Abbey National should have assessed to whether you would incur any extra charges or not be covered when making a claim.
- Where the packaged bank account fees clarified to you by Abbey National (by an advisor or in writing)?
- Any fees associated with a packaged bank account should have been undoubtedly explained to you by Abbey National.
- Were you aware that Abbey National upgraded your packaged bank account?
- Abbey National should have given you the option to upgrade your packaged bank account.
- Did Abbey National (either through an advisor or the application process) explain that the Abbey National packaged account was optional?
- Abbey National should have given you the option to either shop around for a cheaper packaged bank account or Abbey National should have informed you of any non-fee paying bank accounts they offer.
If you have a successful packaged bank account complaint against Abbey National upheld, you would be entitled to a full refund packaged bank account fees paid to Abbey National, a full refund of any interest charged on the packaged bank account by Abbey National and a compensation interest of 8% per annum on both of those combined.